Disc Washers are loaded in the axial direction. Disc Washers offer a well-developed solution
to many engineering problems. Through a unique combination of high
force in a small space, Disc Washers can be used as single disc
or arranged in stacks. A spring stack can consist of either single
spring or parallel spring sets. Disc Washers are available with
or without contact flats. Disc Washers and Belleville Washers are
manufactured to DIN 2093 AND din 6796.
Advantages of Disc Washer
- No Deformation or Fatigue under normal loads.
- High Energy Storage Capacity.
- Long Service Life.
- Stock keeping is minimized as the individual spring sizes can
be combined universally.
- Space Saving.
- Largely Self-damping, giving good shock absorption and energy
- Efficient use of space and high spring force with small deflections.
- Adaptable to stacking in numerous configurations.
- Combination use as a modular spring element. .
- Low Maintenance cost
- Greater Security
Disc Washer Stack Compared to Helical Spring.
Note that the same load is achieved at substantial reduction in
space. Disc stacks may be designed for extremely high loads where
coil springs are not feasible at all.